Blues Summit Eight
- Hotel Upgrade. Blues Summit is upgrading to the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel. The spacious, airy, modern environment adjacent to the historic Holy Trinity Church will be home to the entire Blues Summit Eight. Plan your meetings for the Trios Bistro and join us at the MusicOntario/Adelaide Room and the lower level Ballroom ABCD, where showcases, panels, and our keynote brunch will take place.
- Fantastic Location. The hotel sits in the heart of the city between Toronto’s Eaton Centre and City Hall at Dundas St West and Bay St and is steps away from Toronto’s best cheesecake!| More Info | Hotel Link |
- Convenient Layout. Registration and the Summit information desk will be located in the Lower Level beside Ballroom ABCD for easy accesss.
- New Showcase Format. This year, showcases will take place in a twin stage format in Ballroom ABCD (Lower Level).
Blues Summit is Canada’s not-to-be-missed biennial forum for all members of the blues music community including artists, presenters, agents, festival bookers, event organizers, radio hosts and industry representatives of all kinds. The conference provides an opportunity for members of the community to connect as well as for artists to showcase in front of blues industry professionals.
Blues Summit Eight will take place January 20-23, 2017 in Toronto, ON, Canada at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel.
Blues Summit 8 will close with the 20th Annual Maple Blues Awards at the Royal Conservatory of Music’s Koerner Hall.
|Registration Type||TBS Member/Musician Rate*||Public Rate|
|Delegate Badge (incl. all Summit activities)||$119 (+HST/fee)||$139 (+HST/fee)|
|Showcase Wristband (Showcases Only)||$25 (+HST/fee)||$30 (+HST/fee)|
Blues fans interested in foregoing Blues Summit Eight’s daytime workshops, panels, etc. but attending the evening showcases can purchase a Weekend Showcase Wristband for $30 (+HST/fee) or $25 (+HST/fee) for TBS Charter Members.
Weekend wristbands include evening showcases on Friday, Jan 20, Saturday, Jan 21 and Sunday, Jan 22, 2017.
|Showcase Ticket||TBS Member Rate*||Non-Member Rate|
|Showcase Wristband** (Showcases Only)||$25 (+HST/fee)||$30 (+HST/fee)|
|One-Night-Only Tickets||N/A||$15 at Door|
The Downtown Marriott Eaton Centre Hotel is SOLD OUT! Delegates can access the $129/night at the Marriott Courtyard (475 Yonge Street, 416-924-0611).
Blues Summit showcasing provides artists an opportunity to perform for national and international festival/venue bookers, event organizers, promoters, industry representatives, members of the media and other musicians.
For artist bios and more info, please go to torontobluessociety.com/blues-summit-8/showcase/.
Friday, January 20, 2017
8:00pm – Mark Crissinger
8:30pm – Cecile Doo-Kingue
9:00pm – Justin Saladino Band
9:30pm – Spencer MacKenzie
10:00pm – Sons of Rhythm
10:30pm – Blackburn
11:00pm – Tim Williams
11:30pm – Sunday Wilde
Midnight – Jennis
12:30am – Adam Karch
Saturday, January 21, 2017
7:30pm – Digging Roots
8:00pm – Debra Power
8:30pm – Doug Cox & Sam Hurrie
9:00pm – Dione Taylor & The Backsliderz
9:30pm – Bill Johnson
10:00pm – Rooster Davis
10:30pm – The Distillery
11:00pm – Harpdog Brown & The Travelin’ Blues Show
11:30pm – Diana Braithwaite & Chris Whiteley
Midnight – Paul Reddick
Sunday, January 22, 2017
7:30pm – Jesse Roper
8:00pm – Ken Whiteley & Freedom Blues
8:30pm – John Campbelljohn
9:00pm – Angel Forrest
9:30pm – JW-Jones
10:00pm – Khari Wendell McClelland
10:30pm – Michael Schatte
11:00pm – Steve Strongman
11:30pm – MonkeyJunk
Midnight – Jack de Keyzer
Key delegates (artistic directors, media representatives, radio hosts, journalists, etc) can request a dedicated “drop box” that will be used to collect CD submissions from musicians, managers and agents throughout Blues Summit 8. Drop boxes can be accessed through the Registration Office for the duration of the conference. Musicians and showcasing artists are invited to place a CD in the boxes of any key delegates who they would like to share their music with.
If you are an artistic director, radio host, journalist, etc and would like a dedicated drop box, please contact the office by Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 5:00pm with the following information and we will prepare one for you:
- First & Last Name
- Description (ex. Who are you? What does your organization do? What is your radio show’s mandate?)
- Organization/Festival/Radio Station
- Location (City, Province/State, Country)
- Email Address
For more information on drop boxes, check out our Blues Summit FAQ.
WHAT IS BLUES SUMMIT?
Learn more about this unique blues community event from musicians, community members and the organizers who bring everything together.
For more information on previous Blues Summits, click the links below.